Friday, May 30, 2014

dreams do come true...in wedding design!

Previously on the blog I talked about my wedding and the wonderful cake! You will notice that I mentioned a couple of other vendors on that blog, but each of them will get their own spotlight on the blog, all leading up to the big post when I get all of my pictures back from my photographer, Mandy Wilson. Today, I am focusing on Dana's Floral Design team and Jackie Frontiero.

Let's just start this one at the very beginning, my inspiration around my ENTIRE wedding - the color scheme and my focal point. I found this fabric chandelier picture on Pinterest YEARS ago and I knew right away that one day at my wedding I would have those chandeliers and those colors. I stayed very true to that, it was just finding the person who could do it.


Next inspiration, Gossip Girl. If you watch it, you know Blair Waldorf was obsessed with blush pink peonies. I mean, what girl wouldn't be obsessed?! A woman doesn't get many chances to have a beautiful bouquet of peonies, so what other flower would I choose for my bouquet?! But for my bouquet, I wanted ALL WHITE. I started looking through magazine for great inspiration pictures and found the perfect bouquet.

My sister Carly was married in August 2013 and she was also using Dana's Floral Design team for a few different things - her arbor and bouquets. Her bridesmaids bouquets were blue hydrangeas with bom-dyed blue orchids. I was slightly obsessed and claimed them as my girls bouquets instantly. I mean the orchids matched my chandelier inspiration. So I changed the hydrangea color to purple! :) Thanks, Carly! 

I have dreamed about my wedding day since I was a little girl. I am very organized and detailed and know what I want, period. I have looked at all the magazines, taken notes on all the vendors - what I liked and disliked. And my mom will be the first one to tell you that I was not really willing to budge on anything. Hey, I know what I like and I know what I want, so I go get it! Isn't that the way it is supposed to be? 

I setup with a consultation with Jackie. Chan went with me to this because I wanted us to both get a feel for her work and her passion. Chan was sold on her in 2 seconds of sitting down. Immediately we could tell that she was passionate about her work and she takes pride in it! She knows what she is doing, y'all. We talked about a lot in that first meeting and just threw out ideas and got a feel for everything. She could take care of it ALL! The flowers, the design of everything, the chandeliers, all of my rentals (chairs, hi-boys, linens). How can anyone worry when you have great news like that?! I left there on cloud nine, I knew I wanted Jackie and the whole Dana's Floral Team as my florist and designer. I would be in good hands with her. 

Fast forward like 9 months later to my last consultation with Jackie. Everything was worked out to perfectly. We put the finishing touches on everything, secured all the rental items, went over design one more time, all that was left to do was wait on wedding day to get there. And man did Jackie SHOW OUT on wedding day. Everything was exactly liked I hoped it would be! It was beautiful. Let's show you some pictures! :)

 
Bouquets do not come any prettier than mine! Of course, I am a little bias. But check out those peonies!
Check out these beauties! My centerpieces were alternated to be different designs on each table. And of course tea-light candles accompanied them.
And the BEST PART! :) Check out this reception layout and the BEAUTIFUL CHANDELIERS!!!!!


Oh, and you know that cake stand that was featured last time? Yeah, that belongs to Dana's Floral Design! Isn't it just the most beautiful stand you have ever seen!! Let's get another look at it! :)

Check out more beautiful pictures of Dana's Floral Design team by clicking here. I promise you your draw will drop at all the beautiful things they have done. Nothing to big or small for them to handle. 

Until next time,
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment